The mid-semester is upon us, and with it comes the last day to withdraw from a class with a “W” which is on Tuesday, March 11th. Assess your progress in each of your classes and do the following steps of Checking-in and Checking-up.
With your instructors
- Talk to your instructors and ask them about your progress in class.
- Instructors have office hours specifically to meet with students.
- Ask questions and voice any concerns you may have about assignments, projects or grades.
- Don’t be shy or afraid. Your instructors want you to be an active participant in class.
With your academic advisor
- Visit your academic advisor before you make any decisions about classes you will be taking or dropping.
- Advisors help monitor your academic progress.
- Advisors can help connect you with campus resources.
With your campus resources
- There are several programs and resources on campus to assist you.
- Get to know them, even though you may not need them now. You may need help in the future.
On your grades
- You can find grades on Canvas or ask your instructor for a list of grades.
- Checking your grades often will help you determine how you are doing in each class. If you have concerns, talk to your instructor.
On your Degree Audit
- Run a degree audit at least once per semester, ideally before you visit with your academic advisor.
- You can find this on your myNMSU account under ‘Quick Links”.
On academic deadlines
- Know what the deadlines are so that you are not caught off-guard.
- Find registration dates, withdrawal dates, and more on the University’s Academic Calendar.